The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Collecting EB

As you know I am a china buff and am particularly fond of spongeware and love EB - that's Emma Bridgewater to those of you unaware of my addiction!   Well last week was a big three days at the factory in Stoke on Trent as the annual Collectors' Open Days took place.


Fans from all over the country (and some from abroad) descended on Stoke, where very special one-off pieces created by the sponge decorators were for sale and lots of factory activities with food and music thrown in - there was even quilt making! The pictures above show the plan of events, drawn by Matthew Rice and everyone enjoying their lunch last Thursday - look at all that EB Polka Dot!

Sadly I haven't managed to get to one of these days yet but follow all the excitement on Facebook, a great way to feel involved but not spend any money!


This is a picture of the corner of my living room with some of my collection, together with my beautiful new vase, not EB but a birthday present bought at at the craft gallery at the Brewery Arts Centre in the centre of Cirencester.  I used to visit it regurlarly at one time but many years have passed and things have changed there, but for the better as it has been enlarged.  There are some lovely things to buy and it is is a great place for meeting friends and snacking in their cafe.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

That is certainly a very exciting concept for Stoke Mary. I hope it is successful. It needs it desperately. Quiltmaking too. Why am I never there when something exciting is happening.