The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Welsh quilts - A Royal Visit

In one of my early posts I mentioned that the Prince of Wales admires Welsh quilts and has a collection of both quilts and blankets at his Welsh residence.  So it is entirely in keeping that he and the Duchess of Cornwall have paid a visit to the Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Centre in Lampeter, which isn't very far away from their farmhouse.

Could this be the first quilt related Royal Visit?  I think it probably is, in this country at least, though I know that a member of the Japanese Royal Family usually opens the Tokyo Quilt Show.


I thought you might like to see some of the photographs because, apart from the novelty of seeing the Royals amongst quilts, there are some lovely examples hanging on the walls which you can zoom in on!



I have had a bit of difficulty with spacing in this post so these pictures are clustered together.  However they show their Royal Highnesses enjoying the exhibition and talking to Jen Jones and her husband Roger Clive Powell.













3 comments:

Sue said...

What a nice thing for them to do. I really think they show a genuine interest of local crafts and history. I love the quilt that is hanging behind the Duchess, I wish I knew what they were saying.

Jan said...

How exciting!!

Shirley said...

Hello Mary, just making your aquaintance and thanking you for the comment on my blog. How exciting to have Royal Visitors. Shall look forward to reading your write up on Stoke. It definitely needs to fight it's corner. I am doing my bit for them. Love your header.
Best Wishes
Shirley.